The Junction Neighbourhood in Toronto

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
The Junction Neighbourhood in Toronto
Table of Contents

The Junction Neighbourhood in Toronto is one of the liveliest neighbourhoods in the city. The name is driven by the neighbourhood’s geography. In fact, the area is located near West Toronto Diamond, the Junction of four railway lines.

The Junction area has been preserving its original small-town charm and appeal. However, it’s now one of the most popular neighbourhoods in the west end of the city.

The Junction Neighbourhood in Toronto


You may also like: Little Portugal Neighbourhood


The history of The Junction Neighbourhood in Toronto dates back to the 1870s where it was a railway town. A convergence of railway lines was in use in this area with stations and railyards. These features attracted manufacturers and their managers to come to this neighbourhood. Many labourers’ families were the residents of areas near Dundas Street.

However, in 1882, a young lawyer and his uncle bought the Carlton Race Course property, where the first running of the Queen’s Plate had been held here for the first time by the Keele family. The young lawyer and his uncle, D.W Clendenan and D. J. Laws were ambitious and registered the West Toronto Junction plan of subdivision.

By 1844, many properties were sold with newspaper ads to those who loved the fantastic view of Lake Ontario and High Park. However, by 1888, this area had enough residents to be recognized as a village with a population of 5,000. Finally, in 1909, the area was recognized as a part of Toronto.

The Junction Neighbourhood in Toronto Real estate

About 55% of residents in The Junction Neighbourhood in Toronto are homeowners. The other 45% are renters. About 45% of homes in this area are small apartments, and the other 55% include duplexes, single detached homes, and townhouses. Potential home buyers or renters will enjoy the wide range of unit sizes, making it easy to find the best Toronto home that fits your needs.

Toronto condos and homes for sale and rent in this area cost from $599,000 to $1,499,000. It’s actually about 18% below the average home price in Toronto. The average condo price in the Junction area is $781,000.

In other words, you need to pay $60,000 for the most affordable condo in this area and $1,798,800 for the most expensive one. When it comes to the townhouses, the average price is $1,339,000. The most expensive one is $1,699,900, and the most affordable Toronto townhouse in the Junction area is $799,900.

Check out the Toronto real estate market and its special features to have better predictions about your future investments in The Junction neighbourhood and other Toronto areas.

The Junction Neighbourhood in Toronto

Things to do in the Junction

You can expect a lot to do and see in such a historical Toronto neighbourhood. The Junction neighbourhood provides you with amazing green spaces, many restaurants and more.

Have a great time in High Park

High Park is the largest public park in Toronto. This Toronto park offers great sports facilities, hiking trails, a lovely lakefront, and diverse vegetation. If you are a fishing buff, Grenadier Pond in this park is a great option. Besides, skate fans can enjoy skating from January to February 28.

High Park also has a lovely zoo, with domestic and exotic animals. You’ll see animals such as bison, llamas, highland cattle, deer, peacocks, and sheep.

In addition, baseball diamonds, soccer fields, and tennis courts are available.

The Junction Neighbourhood in Toronto

Have a Fantastic Shopping

There are many boutique shops in The Junction Neighbourhood in Toronto. Most famous ones are Mjolk for homeware things or Beau and Bauble (and Beau for Men) for amazing accessories. Besides, consider Take Note for notebooks, pens, and stationery.

Enjoy Fine Arts in the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA)

The Museum of Contemporary Art, also known as the Museum of Contemporary Canadian Art (MOCCA), is a museum and art gallery in Toronto.

There are over 80 exhibits offering artworks by over 800 artists, such as Suzy Lake and Kris Knight. The artworks are not only from Canadian artists, and you can see authentic works by artists from other countries as well.


There are many dining options in The Junction Neighbourhood in Toronto. However, among the top restaurants in this area, Dundas West, Curry Twist for Indian and vegetarian food. There is Farmhouse Tavern for Canadian food, Foodbenders for fast food, and Playa Cabana Cantina for Mexican food.

Also, there is a great market called Annette Food Market, which is perfect for enjoying Italian dishes. As for drinking, Blua, The Hole in the Wall, The Junction Brewery, and The Alpine are fantastic options.


The Junction Neighbourhood in Toronto is one of the most vibrant neighbourhoods in the city. Here, you can find a wide range of homes, from Toronto condos to townhomes and detached homes.

The average price of Toronto homes in the Junction area is about 18% below the average prices in the city. If you are looking to buy or rent a home in the Junction Neighbourhood, contact an expert real estate agent to help you through the buying or renting process.

It's simple to get a great REALTOR® with this QUICK and easy online service

Find a Top Toronto Real Estate Agent within a few clicks! Whether you are selling your home or buying your first home! By answering a few questions you get matched with a Top REALTOR®!

Mark was amazing to work with. He anticipated my questions and needs from start to finish, and I trusted him completely. It was obvious that he had my best interests at heart. Mark’s personality made the search for a new home fun, but I never doubted his seriousness in finding me the best home he could. He went to bat for me without hesitation and found me exactly what I needed, taking care of every detail. It made the process exciting, enjoyable and stress free. I would highly recommend him to any future home buyers or sellers!

Breanne M


Ari is the most pleasurable person I have ever dealt with before. He never once pushed me towards anything I didn’t want, which is rare in this space and really cared about what I really wanted. You can really feel it from his actions. He catered his service to my needs. He was very patient, hard working, diligent, on top of things and real with me about the situation of the market. The quality of service was very high, not just for this industry but in general. He guided me personally through the contract process in person and made it absolutely painless. Such a reliable guy anybody would refer to their friends. I would definitely recommend Ari!

Bo L


communication throughout the entire process making it smooth, transparent and timely. I recently got transferred to Toronto for work. I was scared I was not going to find a place in Downtown that met both my expectations and my budget, as the Downtown market is highly competitive. I am thankful that Ari took the hassle out of the apartment hunt. He delivered great listings that met and exceeded my expectations, he was always on top on arranging viewings and willing to make accommodations to fit my busy schedule. This allowed me to find a desirable place on my first week here in Canada. I appreciated his time and dedication, it was such a relief knowing that he was invested on my best interest. I can’t recommend him enough.



Ari was quick to understand my needs and steer me in the right direction. His professionalism and warmth made the process of finding a suitable home a lot less stressful than it could have been. He quickly arranged times to visit places I was interested in, which was one of the reasons I could seize a good deal and get a nice home in a good location. He is patient, friendly and knowledgeable and he definitely provides an above average service. I have nothing but good things to say about him and recommend him to everyone looking for a realtor.

Dario Machado


Dear Ari, I wanted to thank you for finding me my dreamed condo ! Ari is a very reliable and dynamic person, thanks to his professionalism he found me the perfect condo in less than 24 hours !! As a newcomer in Toronto, I was not familiar with renting process but Ari made it easy, fast and really stress free for me, he was very helpful. I am really happy for the high quality of the service he provides and I will recommend him to everybody without a doubt.



Oh Ari, In this crazy game of downtown real estate it is quite difficult to find an agent that is timely, true to his word, and a joy to be around. Not only did you make the search process very easy but how quick you put everything together when I was ready to make an offer was phenomenal. The online process really saved me a lot of time and explained everything very well. Most of all though your attitude and humor really made things enjoyable and you were very accommodating to whomever I brought with me on my viewings. I would definitely refer Ari to anyone looking for property downtown. He won’t disappoint.



Hey Ari, I’ve had a few experiences with agents trying to find me a unit in the past, and not all of them I’ve had a helpful experience with. Ari was very friendly and attentive to my needs. It was clear he understood what I was looking for and provided me with lots of great options! He found me a great unit under my price range that I love and made the process of applying and renting it so easy. He did all the leg work and the only thing he needed me to do was sign my name. If anyone is looking for an agent to help find them a place to live I’d send them to Ari without a doubt.

Megan D