Toronto’s Financial District

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)
Loading...
Toronto's Financial District Neighbourhood

Toronto’s Financial District is one of the busiest neighbourhoods in the city. In fact, the area is the home to Toronto’s top corporate headquarters, banks, firms, etc.

The area also offers Union Station, one of the major TTC hubs in Toronto, and the PATH underground walkway, spanning over 30 km of restaurants, shopping, services, and entertainment.

Toronto’s financial District is a great destination for architecture lovers since the tallest skyscrapers in Canada are located here.

The area is bounded by Yonge St. to the east, Front St. to the south, Queen St. West to the north, and University Avenue to the west.

If you are looking for a great Toronto condo for sale and rent or, generally, a Toronto home, make sure to take a look at the online Toronto real estate market to gain more information.

History of Toronto’s Financial District

Toronto’s Financial District dates back to the late-19th century when many regional Canadian banks had head offices in this area.

However, in the late 20th, the area became the home to the Big Five Canadian banks, including CIBC – Canadian Bank of Commerce, Toronto-Dominion Bank, Bank of Toronto, etc.

Besides, many law firms in Toronto were established in this area, the most famous of which was Seven Sisters. During the time, skyscrapers, corporations’ headquarters, and many other financial institutions established offices in this Toronto’s area.

Things to do in Toronto’s Financial District

The Financial District is one of the busiest areas in Toronto, and as a result, there are many things to do and see in this area.

Enjoy underground shopping in PATH underground walkway

Toronto’s underground walkway, known as PATH, is the home to a wide range of restaurants, shops, and services. This underground area spans over 30 km, making it a way of life for most citizens. It becomes more important for the people who work in the city core since they use this way to get to and from work.

Make Sure to Visit the Hockey Hall of Fame

The Hockey Hall of Fame is a fantastic site for hockey buffs since it is a great museum dedicated to the history of ice hockey. The exhibits in this museum offer things about players, National Hockey League (NHL), teams, memorabilia, and NHL trophies. There are 15 exhibits covering an area of 60,000 square feet (5,600 m2).

Have a Great Meal in the Best Restaurants

There is a wide range of top Toronto restaurants in the Financial District. Leña is great for Argentina and South-American food with Spanish and Italian influences. However, Momofuku Noodle Bar is the best hub of noodles in the Financial District, located at 190 University Avenue.

Terroni for Italian food is a perfect choice. Here, trying Pizza, Gnocchi alla Simi, and Frittura di Calamari is a must! Also, Lobster Burger Bar is the place for lobster and seafood lovers since East Coast lobsters are served in many different ways.

Richmond Station for America food is fantastic, no matter if you are a meatatarian or vegetarian, since it has mouth-watering food to offer to both!

Canoe Restaurant & Bar is the best place for enjoying contemporary Canadian cuisine, especially because of the high-quality ingredients they use to prepare dishes.

Toronto’s Financial District Real Estate Guide

Homes in Toronto’s financial district are mostly condominiums (98% of sales). The average price in this area has been $468,922, showing an increase of 24% over the same period.

Also, the average cost of renting in this area is $1,842, showing 14.5 percent over the city’s overall price. 49% of residents in this area are homeowners, while the other 51% are home renters.

Financial District Neighbourhood toronto

Transportation in Financial District

Getting around the city from Toronto’s Financial District is one of the easiest things to do in this area. The reason is that TTC streetcars and buses are available for you to get around the city.

Union Station is located in this area, where residents can enjoy other types of transportation, such as GO Transit and VIA Rail.

Conclusion 

The Financial District is the centre of banks, corporation headquarters, firms, etc. As for Toronto real estate, you will encounter a wide range of condominiums that are available in different sizes, room numbers, and floor plans.

Living in this area is the best for young professionals who prefer to live near their workplace. If you think that living in the Financial District, make sure to contact a top ranked Toronto realtor to help you find the best home that fits your needs.

It's simple to get a great REALTOR® with this QUICK and easy online service

Find a Top Toronto Real Estate Agent within a few clicks! Whether you are selling your home or buying your first home! By answering a few questions you get matched with a Top REALTOR®!